This weekend was a good example of what life is like for a professional writer:
- I wrote an article about writing DIAGNOSIS MURDER: THE WAKING NIGHTMARE for MJ Rose’s excellent Backstory blog.
- I traveled to San Francisco to speak at a writers conference.
- I proofed the copyedited manuscript for my fifth DIAGNOSIS MURDER novel, which has to arrive in NY no later than Feb. 23.
- I proofed the galleys for my novel THE MAN WITH THE IRON-ON BADGE, which have to arrive on my editor’s desk no later than Feb. 23.
- I revised the manuscript for my sixth DIAGNOSIS MURDER novel, which is due March 1, but that I need to finish by Feb 22, so I can stick it in the FedEx packet with the copyedited manuscript for DM #5… because I am leaving on Wednesday to attend & speak at Left Coast Crime in El Paso.
- I drove back to L.A. from S.F…and thought about the plot for my seventh DIAGNOSIS MURDER novel. I made some notes when I stopped for lunch.
- I posted some articles on my blog.
- I wrote some notes for a network pitch meeting that’s set for Tuesday.
And this was a light weekend… I didn’t have to write a script or write a chapter in a book.