Before you write to Walter Scott of Parade Magazie to find out if someone is dead or not, use this handy checklist from my brother Tod.
a few ways to tell if the person you’re inquiring about is dead:
1. You are really, really old and unable to access the internet.
2. The person you are interested in starred in a "talkie."
3. Sometimes, you wet yourself a little and just say, "Ah, to hell with it."
4. There are nights when you honestly believe that signing a petition to get Diagnosis Murder back on TV might actually help.
5. Lately, you’ve felt very guilty for admiring the bronzed flesh of
Lindsay Lohan and wondering what it might be like to see her in a
Lucille Ball bio-pic where you get to play little Ricky.
6. The last show you remember watching was The Big Valley and after that went off the air you decided that from now on, you were just going to write The Big Valley fan fiction.
Want to know more? Check out "Letters to Parade: On The Nature of Dying."